
This morning looked quite bleak as I headed out the door to take Alec my 3 year old son to daycare. Clouds were circling and it felt a lot like rain. By the time my work day of 1 hour was over, the sun had come out and a glorious day was in full swing. I decided to come home and make for a last day before the woodfiring next weekend.
It was a great day to dry to things outside, not too hot, not too sunny, and most of all no wind. So as fast a work came off the wheel it went out in the back yard to stiffen up. When it comes to outdoor flat surfaces for pots, anything will do!

This lets me finish the work all in a day. This also allows me to hopefully get it all dry by wednesday to bisque, and then glaze on Friday. We start to load on Saturday so there is no time to loose. I looked through my work that I have ready for the firing and decided that I needed a couple more bottles, 14 didn't seem like enough and some more plates and wall plates.




Today also allowed me to finally really make a mess in the new studio. People have been asking for along time now if I have been making int he studio, well I have, but not enough to make a mess. Today finally feels like I'm in there and making it my own.
Here are some of the fired pots from the firing a couple of weeks ago. It feels like the owrk is starting to have a cohesive feel.
Oh I looooove that purple! and do I see blue in the back? More closeups of your new colour palette please :)
ReplyDeleteI loooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeee those new colours too!
ReplyDeleteIt will soon be Mother's Day - hint hint!